PHP / MySQL Help
- What databases can I use on my account?
We currently support MySQL databases in our accounts. MySQL is very fast, reliable, and easy to use. MySQL was originally developed to handle very large databases much faster than existing solutions and has been successfully used in highly demanding production environments for several years. Though under constant development, MySQL today offers a rich and very useful set of functions. The connectivity, speed, and security make MySQL highly suited for accessing databases on the Internet.
- How do I set up a My SQL database in my account?
We have provided a web-based control panel to handle your MySQL Databases. When you want to setup a new MySQL database, simply login to your web site control panel and click on the "MySQL Database" Icon. Next, type in your database name in the blank field next to "Db:" and click on "Add Db" button. The server will generate a new SQL database for you.
- How do I create a new user for a database?
To create a new user for your database, simply login to your web site control panel and click on the "MySQL Database Icon". Next, under "Users", type in the username and password of the new user and click on "Add User" button. The server will create a new user account for you. After that, click "Home" at the top bar, and click on "MySQL Database". Under SQL account maintenance there will be several pull down menus. Select the new user that you just created and the database where you would like to add the user to. Click on "Add User to Db" button and the server will automatically add the user to your database.
- Do you support phpMyAdmin and how do I use it with my account?
Yes we do. phpMyAdmin is intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the web with ease. Currently it can create and drop databases, copy, drop and alter tables, delete, edit and add fields, execute any SQL-statement, even batch-queries manage keys on fields, load text files into tables, create and read dumps of tables, export data to CSV values, and administer multiple servers and single databases. phpMyAdmin is already pre-installed on all accounts.
- How do I backup a MySQL database?
You can do a backup database through phpMyAdmin. Here are the steps: 1. Login to your web site control panel and click on "MySQL Database". 2. Click on "phpMyAdmin" and select the database that you want to backup 3. On "View Dump (schema) of database" select the choices that you need. Check "Send" (this will download the database backup into your computer hard disk). 4. Click on "Go" and the download will start.
- What version of PHP do you have?
This is shown in your control panel and is the latest STABLE release.
- What file extension should I use on my php scripts?
The webserver recognizes a PHP script by its file extension. It is recommended that your PHP scripts be in a file ending with .php (.php3 is also supported for backwards compatibility).
- Can my database's be backed up automatically?
- Log into cpanel - Select cron - Put the following in the first field 0 0 * * * - In the second box place: mysqldump --opt --user=database_user --password=database_pass database_name > /home/username/foldername/backup.sql Please note you will have to replace the values with your real information. This will backup your database every night at 12pm.
- Is MySQL DB space included in the total amount of my space?
Yes, your MySQL database is included in the total disk space for your account, and thus counts against your disk space usage.